Saturday, February 23, 2013

Endless Cabin Fever: Where's the Warm Weather?

Biking with the kids
It has been a long, cold, and snowy winter this year…and it doesn’t seem to want to let up. Every time the weather manages to show a tantalizing hint of spring, the threat of snow is back in the forecast within days. I don’t know about you, but I can’t wait for winter to be over! And each time the weather turns back to a wintery mix, my heart sinks. It feels like we’re caught in an endless winter and my family and I are suffering from a terrible case of cabin fever!

We have already started a spring/summer to-do list of everything we want to do when the weather is warm again:

  • Hiking
  • Mountain biking (and biking of any kind!)
  • Picnics
  • Swimming
  • Water battles
  • Learn to fly a kite
  • Cookouts (lots of cookouts with friends and family!)
  • Plant flowers
  • Start a vegetable garden
  • Camp out in the backyard
  • Fishing
  • And most importantly, absorb as much fresh air and sun as possible!

It is funny how getting stuck indoors (except for short outings) puts things into perspective and has made me realize how lucky we are when the weather is warm and sunny. No more lazing around the house when the weather is beautiful for this family! I hope to find any and every excuse possible to go outside this spring and summer with my kids. Even if I don’t have the energy to do much more than lounge in the sun and watch my children play, I’m getting out there and enjoying the outdoors.


Are you already daydreaming about spring and summer plans? What do you hope to do with your family this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment